Reflect - Blog Prompts for Thing 12
Review the widget you selected. Are you getting comfortable with embedding code? Do you belong to other online communities? Are relationships formed online as meaningful as face-to-face relationships? Why do you think MySpace and other social networking sites are so popular with kids today?
I have not explored Widgets before I am excited to explore these more. I included the front page widget because I think it is important for students to stay current in global events. I also included the translation widget because having my level one certification in International Baccalaureate and and realizing how connected our world is I think it is important to know other languages. My teaching partner and I are currently teaching our 3rd graders bits of Mandarin Chinese. These widgets could both come in handy.
I think that Social Networking sites are great for keeping people connected and informed about each others lives. I think they are so popular because there is instant feedback. You don't have to wait to get in touch with someone you can be instantly connected to hundreds of friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment