Share your thoughts about tagging. Is tagging a useful way to organize your digital resources and why? What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages? What is important to think about before assigning tags to bookmarks or other Internet content?
I have not used a tagging site like Delicious before but now that I am a teacher I can see the benefit. I have lots of folders in my bookmark section of useful websites related to teaching that could definitely be organized better through tagging.
The only way I have used tagging is through Facebook by tagging photos. That is convenient because more people can access the photos through friends of friends.
The advantages would be to quickly narrow your search but the disadvantages are that tags can be inaccurate and the information obtained could be skewed or biased. I am interested to learn more about sites like Delicious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment