Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thing Sixteen

How might you use this tool in your personal and professional life? What issues come to mind about using this tool with students (ie, they need email addresses to log-in)?

I just used my google docs to save a live streaming video that I downloaded using keepvid so that I can play it at school for my kids. I think that this is a great resource for me. I no longer have to carry flask drives around or worry that I did not email myself a paper because I can put everything in one place. So much of my work is saved in different places: home computers, my laptop, or at school. Using google docs I can back up everything online and access it from any computer... or even my phone! :)

The email address is the only thing that comes to mind as a potential problem. Last year where I taught there was so much trouble keeping student work saved on the network. Kids were taking other students work and changing the names or taking it as their own. This would alleviate so much of the problems that had at Pontiac Academy last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment