Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thing Nineteen

C. Reflect - Blog Prompts for Thing 19
Which podcasts did you find interesting? Identify one or two podcasts and describe how you would use them in your work. (Be sure to include links in your blog entry to the podcasts mentioned.)

I have been interested in podcasts for quite some time. I would like my kids to create podcasts (or vodcasts) to share their writing, favorite books and even new math concepts they have learner. I love how the first graders record their stories and other students can comment on them. If first graders are doing this great of work I can only imagine what my third graders could be capable of given the opportunity.

Some of the Podcasts took a long time to open which worries me because my home computer has a way faster connection and processing speed then then computers at school. I would love to do this with my kids and have been looking into grants for technology that would make it easier.

So many of the things I came into the school year wanting to do with my students are being reaffirmed through watching/listening to these podcasts. I hope that I am able to delve into this technology with my students before the end of the school year! :)

1 comment:

  1. It would be great if your 3rd graders create podcasts. I think they would surprise us all.

    ReplyDelete