Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thing 22

C. Reflect - Blog Prompts for Thing 22
In your blog post be sure to include the link to your wiki. Then discuss your feelings about using a wiki. How does a wiki differ from a blog? When is one more appropriate to use than the other?

This is actually my second Wiki. I created one in college that I updated to fit my first year teaching class. I never fully utilized this site but I did find it again. :) I started a new site to utilize as a third grade site. Currently it is pretty bare bones but I would like to add student work, daily happenings etc. I used the Schoolcraft logo on the page. I am wondering if this is a safety issue because the address is on the page with students work and am I even allowed to use the logo at all?

A wiki is more appropriate for multiple users where as a blog is one persons page where others leave comments and feedback. I am excited about the new format for the Wiki works I find it much more user friendly. I hope to really utilize this site... maybe show it off at celebration of learning :).

Most of the work to updating the page will have to be done from home or using my team teachers computer because mine is so slow but I am looking forward to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment